Frequently Asked Questions
- Areas must be shaved the night before. No waxing, threading or creams to be used, the hair must be in the follicle. If you don’t have time to shave before you come we can supply you with a shaver and/or shave the area for you at a small additional cost.
- Do not have any fake/spray tan on your skin in the area being treated
- You cannot have had any sun exposure in the treatment area for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Please do not have any moisturiser, perfumes or deodorants on the area being treated
- No gym/excessive exercise just prior to your treatment is ideal so that your skin is normal temperature and calm
- Please let your therapist know if your medical situation and/or medications (topical, oral or other) have changed which may effect your skin/treatment
- Please let your therapist know if there is a chance you may be pregnant!
- You will need to remove clothing from the area being treated
- We will cleanse and discuss/confirm the treatment area
- We then set the machine to the suitable settings for your skin/hair type
- We begin the treatment in the most efficient and pain free way possible!
- Please try not to touch the area too much keeping it as sterile as possible – no itching or rubbing
- Wear cloting which won’t irritate the treatment are for 24 hours
- You can use soothing gel or creams which are hypoallergenic and free of nasty chemicals, active cosmecuiticals and fragrances. Depending on the sensitivity of your skin you can continue your normal routine 48 hours after your treatment.
- For 48 hours take a break from heavy exercise, hot yoga, hot showers, or any heat related things including things such as swimming pools, spa’s and sauna’s.
- Do not use any spray/fake tan products and avoid sun exposure (use sunscreen always!), if necessary shave between appointments or just before your next SHR laser apt’s.
- Remove unwanted hair at least 24 hours before.
- Use an exfoliation mitt to remove dead skin.
- Show up with completely bare skin, this means no moisturiser, no oil-based body wash or exfoliant, no deodorant, no make-up & no perfume… nothin, nada silch.
- Bring looser fitting clothes and flip flops to change into after your tan.
- Get your gear off but leave your nickers on or put on one of our disposable g’s (any area you don’t want sprayed leave your gear on).
- Put whatever you’re not wearing into the box provided.
- Throw on a disposable cap, put the foamy looking things in your ears and stick the cardboard feet on, now you’re looking hot!
- Okay, time to spray! Give two knocks on the door to let us know you’re ready and then jump in the tanning space so you’re facing the back. Follow our lead from here.
- Whilst your tan is developing avoid water – not the drinking kind; the showering, the rain, and the perspiration kind. Do not apply any products to your skin.
- The first shower must be a QUICKIE… just a quick rinse with luke warm water for no more than 30 seconds… no soap or body wash and PAT dry.
- For the following days shower as normal, however only use pH balanced skin wash to cleanse.
- Pat your skin dry… do not rub it.
- Slather up with moisturiser twice daily.
- Have sores, warts, ulcers, moles, birthmarks or any tattoo on treatment area– HadMake sure your hair is at least ¼ cm long
- Moisturise daily and exfoliate 2-3 times/week
- No sunbaking, picking at your skin or doing a sweaty heavy workout
- Let us know if you have consumed or applied Accutane, Roaccutane, Retin A, Vitamin B, AHA or any other topical or oral medication which may cause issues with the treatments we offer
- Have your period (it’s not an issue for us, we just want to be aware as sometimes your
skin becomes more sensitive during this time
- Have sunburned, been excessively sunbaking, windburned, dry, chapped, irritated or
broken skin or any open wounds on treatment area surgical procedure in the past months in the area we are treating
- Don’t be embarrassed, we have waxed thousands of different body shapes and sizes
- Remember, it’s normal to be hairy, and normal to want to be hair free
- Let us know if there is a particular way you would like something waxed
- Please communicate clearly, we’ll do the same as we talk you through your treatment
- Always feel free to check over our work, we’re mostly perfect but you never know
You may be a little red or experience a break out (especially guys) but it is a normal reaction! Wear loose clothing and don’t pick!… It will settle.
- For the next 24-48hrs don’t….. sunbake, have a hot shower, exfoliate, wear tight clothing or work out/sweat excessively
- Moisturise daily and exfoliate 2-3 times per week and use an ingrown product if you are prone or suffering
In time you’ll get to know your skin, your hormone’s and the time you need between waxing appointments. we usually recommend every 3-5 weeks.
In most cases your skin will be fine however it depends on your skin type. If you are particularly sensitive, you may get a minor reaction (usually on the face and bikini area). Your skin may look red and inflamed, but this should calm down within the following hours. It is quite common for skin to look red after a wax, or to even feel warm. But there should not be any discomfort or redness that lasts longer than a few hours.
Resist the urge and don’t pick, squeeze or tweeze! You’re likely scar or bruise yourself. And you might not even get the hair out! try some of the OUT spray. Simply spray directly onto the affected area for a few days.